Thursday, May 3, 2012

Friday's Fancies {{Derby}}




The fastest TWO minutes in sports! 

I have had the privilege to live in Louisville, Ky most my life and absolutely love this time of the year!! Everyone going to the race track all dressed up and ready to win some $$. Unfortunately I will be doing graduation events this weekend so I will not be partaking in the Derby festivities this year, but this is what I would be wearing this Saturday!


Lilly Pulitzer Derby

I love the Lilly Pulitzer Ferra Dress with the ruffles on the front of the dress. Their new summer wedges are to die for and I found this cute Belfry Mist Sheer derby hat! This outfit is a spring staple for any closet and dressy enough for the grandstand or even the clubhouse, if your lucky enough to get tickets :) And of course the outfit and day would not be complete without the mint julep in hand.

Another one of my favorite Derby items is this artist and her paintings. She is from Louisville, Ky and paints BEAUtiful pictures of fancy women and the Derby festivities. Her name is Twiggy, check out her website here.



Love all of her work!! Hope you have a great Derby weekend and celebrate and WIN in style :)


8 comments:

  1. LOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEE the Twiggy prints! Such a great idea to post with this! Gah, now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adore that dress! but so jealous of you that you have lived in kentucky & got to go to the derby all the time. sad you have to miss it this year, but plenty more!

    have a great weekend lady!
    xx. ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. we used the same hat! it's gorgeous, isn't it?

    i am absolutely loving the artwork!

    - l

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that dress.. I actually feel like it needs to be in my closet!! So glad to be your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, needs to be in my closet too! You're newest follower as well :)

      Delete
  5. makes me want to go just to wear those clothes..how fun!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that is a fabulous dress!!! And I am loving that artist's work! SO fun!!! :) That'd be really neat to go the derby! Maybe someday!!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete