Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Small Town Southern Belle

        This being my first blog post, I am going to give you a brief introduction of myself. I was born and raised in Louisville, Ky. I was blessed with a twin brother and a little brother. My family is dedicated to two sports, running and tennis. I just completed my first marathon (26.2 miles) this past October. I ran in the Chicago Marathon and completed it a little under 5 hours!! Besides running, I love to craft, scrapbook and of course shopping is one of my favorite pastimes. I would go ahead and say that I am slightly (ok, maybe more than slightly) OBSESSED with Lilly Pulitzer. I can just not get enough of the Pink and Green colors and all around summery feeling of her clothes. Another one of my favorite things in life is my sorority sisters :) I am a Kappa Delta, so AOT to all of my sisters out there! I am graduating from the University of Kentucky with my Bachelors in Nursing and am hoping to land a job in a ICU in Louisville. I have been making a list of things that I hope to get involved in once I graduate and move back. Some of these include, taking piano lessons, joining the Junior League, volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House, going to graduate school and experiencing new places and things in my old hometown.I have been dating a wonderful boy, by the name of Andrew for 6 years and he treats me like a Princess :)! He will be starting medical school in a few months, so this will also be a new beginning for the both of us and will make the adventure of moving back all the more exciting.

          I decided to name my blog "Homeward Bound" due to me leaving my  home for the past four years, Lexington Ky to return to Louisville, where I grew up. It will be a new and interesting transtition, moving from the college life to the reality of gettting a BIG girl job. I am looking forward to a new beginning and experiencing real life. I will be blogging about my shopping finds, Louisville events, growing up and any and all experiences in between. Come read and enjoy the homeward bound experience with me!

 Here are a few pictures of my loved ones :)


The rents & me before my 22nd Birthday Dinner!
My twin brother and I this past summer in Rome, Italy.
The BF and I ready for the Mardi Gras Date Party!



No comments:

Post a Comment